According to NBC4i, Walmart announced Tuesday that it will pay for 100% of college tuition and books for employees through its Live Better U education program.
Starting Aug. 16, that fee will be removed for about 1.5 million part-time and full-time Walmart and Sam’s Club employees, allowing them to earn college degrees or learn trade skills without taking on additional debt.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The Bentonville-based retailer said in a Tuesday release that it is committed to investing nearly $1 billion over the next five years in “career-driven training and development.”
Employees are eligible for LBU on their first day at Walmart, the company said, adding that the educational programs are “picked for the future of work.”
- Enter To Win A Trip To See J Cole In Las Vegas!
- Doing The Work: Goodr & Gunna Join Forces To Provide Free Clothing & Groceries In Local Atlanta Middle School
- Corrine Foxx: My Father Taught Me The Importance Of Self Care
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Quavo Claims Migos Invented The Triple Flow
- Video Shows Texas Cops ‘Unnecessarily Dragged’ Handcuffed Black Suspect
- Florida Rapper SpotEmGottEm Reportedly Shot In Miami
- COVID-19 Becomes Biggest Cop Killer As Police Unions Fight Vaccine Mandates
- Gabrielle Union Fuses Athleisure And Sparkles In Her Latest Stella McCartney Look
- Cincinnati: A Motorcyclist Crashed In North College Hill
- Telfar Unveils New Duffle Bag And Discusses The Launch Of Telfar.TV During NYFW Press Conference
- Video Shows NY Restaurant Deny Service To Family Claiming Religious Vaccine Exemptions
Walmart Announces They Will Pay Employees College Tuition and Books was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com