Beatty, a Democrat whose districts include parts of Columbus, shared photos on her Twitter page of her being handcuffed by Capitol Police, with the post that read, “Let the people vote. Fight for justice.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Beatty and others marched to Hart Senate Office Building calling for an end to voting restriction laws being passed in states around the nation. Capitol Police confirmed the arrest, saying in a social media post, “After officers arrived on the scene, they warned the demonstrators three times to stop.
Hours later Rep. Beatty released a statement via her Twitter account about her protest.
- Nominate Someone to Be Honored as One of the Nati’s “30 Under 30”
- Snoop Dogg’s Mom Beverly Tate Passes Away After Long Illness
- Vote Yes on 2: Minneapolis Deserves Big Change Not More Small Promises
- Draya Michele Sets The Internet Ablaze In A ‘Barely There’ Chain Skirt
- The Dads On Duty Group Helps Quell Violence At Louisiana High School
- Issa Rae And Yvonne Orji Channeled Lil’ Kim At Final ‘Insecure Fest’
- ‘Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls’ Initiative Encourages Black Women To Take Action Against Breast Cancer
- Freeway Mourns The Passing Of His Daughter Harmony
- ‘The View’ Attempted to Talk About Critical Race Theory But Let Conservative Misinformation Dominate The Conversation
- Michael B. Jordan Gave A Sweet Speech At Lori Harvey’s SKN Launch Party: ‘There’s No Place I’d Rather Be’
- Melanin Overload: Justine Skye, Normani, Ryan Destiny, And Marsai Martin Shine At Lori Harvey’s SKN Launch Party
Ohio Rep. Joyce Beatty arrested during voting-rights march in Washington was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com