Beatty, a Democrat whose districts include parts of Columbus, shared photos on her Twitter page of her being handcuffed by Capitol Police, with the post that read, “Let the people vote. Fight for justice.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Beatty and others marched to Hart Senate Office Building calling for an end to voting restriction laws being passed in states around the nation. Capitol Police confirmed the arrest, saying in a social media post, “After officers arrived on the scene, they warned the demonstrators three times to stop.
Hours later Rep. Beatty released a statement via her Twitter account about her protest.
- Latto Shows Off Her Curves In A Little Black Dress
- Lori Harvey Shines For The ‘Gram In A LaQuan Smith Look
- The Body Shop Empowers Youth Voters With It’s ‘Be Seen Be Heard’ Initiative
- Marsai Martin Celebrates Her 18th Birthday With A Star Studded Party
- Manhunt For Ex-NFL Star’s Brother Underway After Man Killed At Little League Game
- Kelly Rowland Shines In Gold Lia Stublla Dress
- Exclusive: Chanté Adams & Abbi Jacobson Talk Prime Video’s ‘A League Of Their Own’ Series, Rebooting A Classic & More
- Nia Long Shows Off Her Blonde Box Braids On Instagram
- ACLU Of Georgia and Inner-City Muslim Action Network Host ‘Rap On Trial’ Panel Exploring Use Of Lyrics In Criminal Proceedings
- Tracee Ellis Ross Gives Us Fashion Goals In A Technicolor Dress
Ohio Rep. Joyce Beatty arrested during voting-rights march in Washington was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com