Beatty, a Democrat whose districts include parts of Columbus, shared photos on her Twitter page of her being handcuffed by Capitol Police, with the post that read, “Let the people vote. Fight for justice.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Beatty and others marched to Hart Senate Office Building calling for an end to voting restriction laws being passed in states around the nation. Capitol Police confirmed the arrest, saying in a social media post, “After officers arrived on the scene, they warned the demonstrators three times to stop.
Hours later Rep. Beatty released a statement via her Twitter account about her protest.
- Win $250 in Cash from The WIZ!
- Cincinnati: Clifton Residents Want A Stop Sign At Busy Intersection
- Ed Buck Found Guilty In Fatal Sex-Fueled Drug Overdoses Of Black Men
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Jay Z and Will Smith Investing In Housing Market
- Bro-code Violation: Would You Date Someone You Knew Your Friend Liked?
- OHIO: Akron Mural Honoring LeBron James Vandalized
- HHW Gaming: ‘Forza Horizon 5’ Developer Playground Games Shows Off The Game’s 11 Mexico Locations
- Winston Duke Will Star in Spotify Podcast ‘Batman Unburied’
- OHIO: Female Suspect Wanted For Brutal Assault on Elderly Couple
- OHIO: Man Faces Abduction Charge After Grabbing Teen At Airport
- Ah Ahh Ahhh: Bobby Shmurda Has “Mixed Emotions” About Being A Free Man [Video]
Ohio Rep. Joyce Beatty arrested during voting-rights march in Washington was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com