The ticket is set.
On Tuesday (August 11), Democratic nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden announced California senator Kamala Harris as his running mate. Harris, the former Attorney General for California, would be the first Black woman named to a major party’s Presidential ticket and would be the first female Vice President if Biden is elected in November.
“I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked @KamalaHarris — a fearless fighter for the little guy and one of the country’s finest public servants — as my running mate,” Biden tweeted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
He added, “Back when Kamala was Attorney General, she worked closely with Beau. I watched as they took on the big banks, lifted up working people, and protected women and kids from abuse. I was proud then, and I’m proud now to have her as my partner in this campaign.”
Harris, who initially ran for President until she suspended her campaign last December, endorsed Biden for President earlier this year.
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Missy Elliott Responds To Fans Asking For Verzuz
- Storm Reid’s 16 Foot Braid Stole The Show At The Suicide Squad Premiere
- Aaliyah’s Catalog, Blackground Records To Finally Hit Streaming Services Beginning August 20
- Daughter Of Dr. Dre Says She’s Homeless, Claims Dad Refuses To Help
- Melyssa Ford Said Jadakiss Was ‘So Respectful’ While Filming The ‘Knock Yourself Out’ Video
- H.E.R. Proclaims “Lights On Festival” Will Be The New R&B Coachella
- Yung Miami Gets Cheeky In A Sheer K Cavallrii Dress
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — August 5, 2021: Democrats Face Crucial August Deadline — National Eviction Ban Extended — Coronavirus Update
- The Undressing Room Podcast Presented By Macy’s: Episode 27 “What Women Want”
- Millyz ft. G Herbo “Emotions,” Nef The Pharoah “Man Of My Word” & More | Daily Visuals 8.4.21
Joe Biden Announces Kamala Harris As His Pick For Vice President was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com