Ain’t nothing like a good sweet potato pie recipe like your grandma used to make! But if your grandma was like every old school grandma, she didn’t really have a recipe because she had skills like that!
So we wrote our recipe down for Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe for you enjoy and share with your entire family!
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 small can (5 ounces, about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 prepared pie shells, unbaked
Mix butter, potatoes, sugar and evaporated milk until well blended. Add vanilla, eggs, and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into the prepared pie shells. Bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour, until set.
Makes 2 pies.
- HAIR BOSS: Who Is Da Real BB Judy?
- ‘Cheer’ Star La’Darius Marshall Is Chiseled Cheekbone Perfection On The Cut’s April Cover
- Ellis Marsalis Jr., Jazz Pianist, Father Of Wynton and Branford Marsalis, Dies at 85
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — April 2, 2020: Senior Stimulus Checks — T-Mobile & Sprint Merge — Bernie Ain’t Going
- Hobby Lobby Closes After Ohio Attorney General Cease-and-Desist Letter
- ‘Empire’s’ Final Season Has Been Shortened Due To The Coronavirus Pandemic
- See The Masks LL Cool J’s Fashion Designer Daughter Made For Healthcare Workers
- SheaMoisture Launches $1 Million Dollar Fund For Women Of Color Entrepreneurs Impacted By COVID-19 Crisis
- PETA Puts The Press On Shaquille O’Neal Over Oklahoma Zookeeper Connection
- Comedian Donell Rawlings Checks In With The Morning Hustle While At Home Quarantining [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]