Jussie Smollett was released late in the afternoon February 21st after turning himself in to authorities around 5am that same morning.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Smollett was charged with felony disorderly conduct charge for filing a false police report. In the report, Smollett claimed he was attacked by two men who yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him and alleging the two men hung a noose around his neck. After an investigation, The Chicago Police determined that he allegedly paid two men to stage the whole attack.
Police also say wounds from his “attack” were most likely “self-inflicted.” The Chicago Police Department held a press conference where they stated that Smollett staged the attack because he was “dissatisfied with his salary” and wanted to raise his profile.
Smollett posted bond at $10,000 and is due back in court on March 14, when he will enter his plea. Smollett reportedly went to the set of his hit show Empire for shooting after his release.
- Hard Rock Casino coming soon!
- 10-Year-Old Girl Goes Viral For Posting Video Celebrating Her Beautiful Afro
- John Singleton’s Daughter Struggling Financially After Director’s Death
- Snoop Dogg Recounts Tense 2Pac/Nas Incident On ‘Untold Stories Of Hip Hop’
- Kanye West, Kim Kardashian Warned For Chasing Antelopes On An ATV
- Lil Uzi Sits Down With GQ To Discuss His 10 Favorite Things
- Nicki Minaj Addresses New Album & Fendi Release
- Big Boi Addresses The Rumors About Andre 3000’s Next Album
- Lil Wayne Shows Interests In Making A Collab Album With Drake
- A High School Student Suspended Over Future Lyrics