Jussie Smollett was released late in the afternoon February 21st after turning himself in to authorities around 5am that same morning.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Smollett was charged with felony disorderly conduct charge for filing a false police report. In the report, Smollett claimed he was attacked by two men who yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him and alleging the two men hung a noose around his neck. After an investigation, The Chicago Police determined that he allegedly paid two men to stage the whole attack.
Police also say wounds from his “attack” were most likely “self-inflicted.” The Chicago Police Department held a press conference where they stated that Smollett staged the attack because he was “dissatisfied with his salary” and wanted to raise his profile.
Smollett posted bond at $10,000 and is due back in court on March 14, when he will enter his plea. Smollett reportedly went to the set of his hit show Empire for shooting after his release.
- Cardi B Gets Nude, Has a Threesome and Kills Several in the New ‘Press’ Video! Watch Here!
- Warning: Poisonous, deadly plants popping up in Ohio
- iPhone users with Beta iOS 13 provide a look at ‘Dark Mode
- Cincinnati: 12 Person Killed Due To Gun Violence
- Man charged for allegedly taking photos of women in locker room at Columbus State
- Jermall Charlo: “It’s Only A Matter Of Time Before I Fight Canelo” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Migos “Stripper Bowl,” Cartel ft. Boosie Badazz “Make It Out The Streets” & More | Daily Visuals 6.25.19
- Celebrity Chefs Honor Anthony Bourdain’s Birthday By Naming June 25 #BourdainDay
- Black Couple In Detroit Suburb Faced Racist Slurs In Restaurant, Management Did Nothing
- Buju Banton Gets His Own Supreme T-Shirt [Photos]