Jussie Smollett was released late in the afternoon February 21st after turning himself in to authorities around 5am that same morning.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Smollett was charged with felony disorderly conduct charge for filing a false police report. In the report, Smollett claimed he was attacked by two men who yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him and alleging the two men hung a noose around his neck. After an investigation, The Chicago Police determined that he allegedly paid two men to stage the whole attack.
Police also say wounds from his “attack” were most likely “self-inflicted.” The Chicago Police Department held a press conference where they stated that Smollett staged the attack because he was “dissatisfied with his salary” and wanted to raise his profile.
Smollett posted bond at $10,000 and is due back in court on March 14, when he will enter his plea. Smollett reportedly went to the set of his hit show Empire for shooting after his release.
- The Kardashians Finally Share the Tea on the Tristan and Jordyn Scandal
- Tiffany Haddish not looking for a man, but reveals requirements for prospects
- Soulja Boy Catches A Big Break Over Kidnapping Allegations
- Rapper Jeezy Takes On Apple And Google With His Own Smartphone
- Megan Thee Stallion Talks Managing School and Her Career
- Teairra Mari Was Three Times Over Legal Limit While Driving 3-Wheeled Car In NY
- Yo Gotti Takes The Stand, Gets Terrible Verdict As $6.6 Million Judgment Upheld
- Jussie Smollett Walks Through City with Noose Around His Neck
- Ciara and Serena Williams have play date for their daughters
- Watch Cardi B Perform “I Ain’t Going to Jail”