What in the world is what most people were thinking when they saw Cardi B hit the red carpet at the 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards. But to all of the fashion enthusiast around the world, we grasped our pearls and praised Cardi for stunting on everyone once again
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
How was Cardi stunting on the red carpet? Cardi wore vintage French designer Thierry Mugler’s 1995 – 1996 fall/winter couture collection. Mugler is a costume designer that has worked with the biggest stars over the years like Beyonce, Madonna, Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Jennifer Lopez and more.
Mugler designed the gown as a nod to Botticelli’s iconic Birth of Venus painting to resemble an open clam and Cardi B is the pearl inside. So for all of you that were wondering what Cardi was doing on the GRAMMYS red carpet… she was having couture fashion iconic moment.
Cardi also wore Mugler during her performance of Money on the GRAMMY stage. This look that reminded many of a nod to Josephine Baker came from Mugler’s 1995 20th anniversary collection. All of Cardi’s looks were styled by her go to stylist Kollin Carter. He has been responsible for many of her head turning looks.
- ‘I’m A Kid’: Karon Blake’s Final Words Revealed As D.C. Homeowner Charged With Murder Of Boy, 13
- Russ Parr’s Black History Moment: Carter G. Woodson
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Beyoncé Officially Announces ‘Renaissance’ World Tour
- A Plus Size Review Of The New Sammy B Collection At Target
- Latto Is Snatched On The Bachelor In A $2,690 Proenza Schouler Jacquard Coat
- Anika Kai Shares Her Top Berry-Lip Combos In Time For Valentine’s Day
- AFAF: Her Husband Is Upset Over Her Old Groupie Tales!
- Lizzo Reveals Her First Madame Tussauds Wax Figure And It Is Phenomenal
- O’Ryan Shares Why His Relationship With Jhené Aiko Didn’t Work Out
- Black History Month Begins With Ron DeSantis Waging War Against Black History