800,000 government workers have been going without pay since President Trump took a stance to close the government in an effort to get funds to have a wall built on the U.S. -Mexico border.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to the Washington Post, Congressional leaders and the President have reached a deal to temporarily open the government back up for three weeks to allow talks to continue about the $5.7 billion for the U.S.-Mexico border wall. This means that all of the federal workers that have been on the job but not getting paid will get paychecks.
The shut down has put a financial strain on many workers and non-government workers. TSA has been taking a hit with workers not showing up for their shifts and flights being delayed because of the lack of workers. Over 14K IRS workers didn’t show up for work, tax refunds couldn’t be processed or distributed. National parks have been closed and some museums unable to open as well. The problems go on and on.
Trump’s temporary government re-opening announcement as accompanied by his stance on why border security and a wall is important. Negotiations will continue over this subject in the next few weeks. Trump stated that he will shut down the government again or declare a national emergency if negotiations do not go his way.
- Sabrina Elba Stuns In Dolce And Gabbana
- Yung Miami And Diddy Go On A Designer Shopping Spree During ‘Act Bad’ Instagram Skit
- Blue Ivy Carter Joined Beyoncé Onstage During Renaissance World Tour Stop In Paris
- Serena Williams Tells Olympia She’s Going To Be A Big Sis, And Her Reaction Is Heart-Warming
- Issa Rae Talks The Importance Of Authenticity As A CEO In The May Issue Of ‘Black Enterprise’
- Sza Shows Off Her Long Healthy Natural Hair
- Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
- Halle Bailey Talks The Little Mermaid Movie, The Color Purple, New Music & More!
- Lori Harvey Showed Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Stunning Red Dress
- GoFundMe Started To Help Family Of Teen In ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Viral Incident
Government Shut Down Over After 34 Days! was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Listen The WIZ On Your Amazon Echo
Download The New 101.1 WIZ Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Cincinnati: A 17 Year Old Hit By A Car Outside Clark Montessori High School
Lil Harold Breaks Down Influence On ‘After The Curse’ Mixtape, Calls Joseline His Favorite Dancer