Authorities on site at Santa Fe High School in Dickinson ISD have confirmed that at least eight people were shot and killed following a school shooting. The suspect, a student who has not been identified, is currently in custody according to assistant principal Cris Richardson. Students were evacuated from the high school and taken to Alamo Gym, located on Hwy 6.
This is the third school shooting in the past seven days and the 22nd in the United States since the beginning of the year.
The entire school district is on lockdown, district officials said.
Santa Fe is a city of about 13,000 people roughly 20 miles northwest of Galveston and 30 miles southeast of Houston.
The high school has about 1,400 students, according to GreatSchools.org. We’ll update this story as it develops.
- If You’re Indifferent About XXXtentacion’s Death, You’re Not Alone
- What You Need To Know About Instagram’s IGTV Announcement
- #TBT: That Time A ‘Moesha’ Cast Member Held Their Own Against Usher
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Will Not Allow Atlanta Jails To House New ICE Detainees
- J.R. SMITH’S JERSEY FROM GAME ONE OF THE NBA FINALS IS UP FOR AUCTION
- A Suspect Is Charged in The Murder of XXXtentacion
- Mara Brock Akil On A Potential ‘Girlfriends’ Movie: “I Already Have The Script”
- Jesse Williams Ordered To Pay $100,000 A Month In Child Support
- Mary J. Blige To Star In Police Brutality Themed Horror Film “Body Cam”
- Man Arrested For Approaching Young Girls At Ohio Zoo
At Least 8 Reported Dead In School Shooting At Texas High School was originally published on theboxhouston.com