Hope everyone gets out and VOTE today!!!! Do your part and be apart of history!
Another vote you should consider…Vote with your Fork! One-quarter of Americans are obese. Sixty percent live a sedentary lifestyle. And this generation of kids is the first generation since 1900 that may have a shorter life expectancy than their parents. The health of America, the world’s richest nation, is failing. And what we eat (or don’t eat) could be to blame. Changing our food landscape isn’t just advisable—it is essential!
Election Day (for FOOD) happens every day. You have the opportunity to cast your vote and change the world at almost every turn—or at the very least, every meal.
Here are 10 simple ways that you can “vote with your fork” every time you shop, eat, or dine out
1. Vote for lower health care costs-Feed yourself (and yourkids) fresh, home-cooked meals more often. Exercise regularly. And don’t smoke.
2. Vote against disposable bags at the grocery store-bring your own shopping bags every time you shop.
3. Vote for healthy food choices at restaurants-Choose HEALTHY options! (or if you eat bad, eat small serving!)
4. Vote against unhealthy food choices
5. Vote for locally grown produce
6. Vote against the inhumane treatment of animals
7. Vote for organically-grown food
8. Vote against eating on the run-so many benefits to eating meals at home, from saving money to bonding with your family to eating healthier.
9. Vote for smaller portions
10. Vote against food waste
If you get frustrated at the current food environment, do something about it! We can’t change the way our food environment is structured overnight, but we can make a difference three times a day by voting with our forks.
For more information visit http://www.Sparkpeople.com/resource