Authorities claim that the 26-year-old, whose name has yet to be released, poured gasoline on the property at 501 Auburn Avenue just before 6 p.m. on Thursday. Multiple witnesses reportedly stopped her and reached out to police.
Once law enforcement arrived the woman was detained and is currently being held on attempted arson and second-degree interference with government property charges.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
The home, which was taken over by the National Park Service in 2018, is currently closed for renovations that are expected to be completed by 2025.
From CBS News:
In a statement Tuesday night, the King Center wrote that “an individual attempted to set fire to this historic property. Fortunately, the attempt was unsuccessful, thanks to the brave intervention of good Samaritans and the quick response of law enforcement.”
To read the entire CBS News report CLICK HERE.
Martin Luther King Jr. was born in this house and lived there until he was 12 years old.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- Exclusive: Stalley Gives Us A Play-By-Play Of Kevin Durant’s Rap Debut On “Scared Money”
- Kyle’s Message Of The Day: Decide Who You Won’t Be!
- Wendy Williams’ Reps Reveal Dementia And Aphasia Diagnosis Plan To Sue Lifetime
- Lecrae Talks Grammy Wins, New Music & More!
- Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
- Sylvester Stallone: Is Filming A Movie In OHIO!
- Lynn From Philly Is This Weeks $1K Cash Grab Winner!
- High School Students Accused Of Creating Online ‘Slave Auction’ In ‘Black People Are Low Class’ Snapchat Group
- Diabetic Amputations On The Rise Among Black Patients, Data Suggests
- Watch: New Trailer Released For Amazon MGM Studios’ ‘Challengers’ Starring Zendaya
Woman Tries To Burn Down Birth Home Of Martin Luther King Jr. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Foodie Friday's: Big Jay's Place
JUST MARRIED: Usher Weds Longtime Girlfriend Jennifer Goicoechea In Vegas
Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Isley Brothers Founder, Rudolph Isley, Dies at Age 84
Foodie Friday's: King's Corona Latin Kitchen & Cantina
Foodie Friday's: Braxton Brewing Co.
Urban One Remembers Former WOL Talk Show Host Joe Madison
10 Hits Usher Didn't Perform at the Super Bowl