According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Rihanna Just Brought Back A Few Trends From The 2000s And We’re Not Mad At It
- Indianapolis Mass Shooting At FedEx Facility Leaves 8 Dead, Gunman Takes Own Life
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — April 16, 2021: Defense Rests in Chauvin Murder Trial — Black Voters Matter — Stay Alive At A Traffic Stop
- Meek Mills Social Media Struggle, “What Is A PH Balance?”
- Funkmaster Flex Says Cardi B is a Terrible Rapper
- HHW Gaming: This Looming Issue Has PS3 & PS4 Owners Extremely Worried
- Too $hort ft. Reg Black “Real Oakland,” Onyx ft. Mad Lion “Ahhh Year” & More | Daily Visuals 4.15.21
- Joe Biden Announces To Withdraw Troops From Afghanistan This Year
- Saweetie Throws Shade At Quavo In IG Video
- Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez Confirm Split With Joint Statement
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com