According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Yung Miami Wears Her All-Red Balenciaga Pantaboots To Perfection In Latest Look
- Paul Wall Reveals Biological Father Was A Serial Molester
- Cardi B Wins Libel Suit Against YouTuber For Over $1 Million
- Nominate a Couple to be Cincy’s Cutest Couple 2022
- Tia Mowry’s Suit Game Is Unmatched In Her Latest Tik Tok
- Georgia Pastor Accused Of Trapping 8 People In His Basement
- Accused Racist Hockey Player Kicked Off Team For Making ‘Monkey Gestures’ To Black Player
- White Guilt And CRT ‘Confusion’ Made School Cancel Civil Rights Lecture In Florida
- Cincinnati: The Bengals Are Headed To The AFC Championship Game
- Mona AKA “Don’t Call Me White Girl” Talks Going Viral, Sex Rules, & What’s Next!
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com