Tommy “Tiny” Lister, one of Hollywood’s greatest tough guys who took on the iconic role of Deebo in the Friday film series, has passed away according to TMZ.
Lister, 62, was found deceased at his Los Angeles area home on Thursday (December 10). There’s no official word on a cause of death.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The 6’5″ “Tiny” first broke through to audiences in 1989 as the character Zeus in the film No Holds Barred starring Hulk Hogan. The film eventually led him to spend time in the WWE (then WWF) before he would later land the role which would define him as a comedy and meme legend. He was cast as Deebo in Ice Cube‘s 1995 cult classic film Friday playing the quintessential neighborhood bully. He would return for the film’s sequel in 2000 and also played President Lingberg in the sci-fi action classic The Fifth Element and appeared in The Dark Knight.
- Lil Baby Now Has 90 All-Time Hot 100 Entries
- Remembering Obama’s ‘Death Stare’ At Putin As Biden Meets With Russian President
- Supermodel Precious Lee Is Serving BAWDY in i-D Magazine’s Summer Issue
- Cincinnati: A Crash In College Hill Leaves 1 Person Dead
- Culture III: Migos Describes What Makes Them The Best Rap Group, Talk Loyalty, Family & More
- Hip Hop Spot: Dr. Dre Opens Up About His Brain Aneurysm, Rick Ross Shares He Saves Money by Cutting His Own Grass
- Echoes Of Breonna Taylor’s Death In Fatal Police Shooting Of Georgia Man
- Who’s Cappin!? D.C. Sports Bar Investigating Video Of Black Woman Being Dragged Down Stairs By Security
- Simone Biles Gives Us Style And Grace As The June Cover Girl Of Glamour Magazine
- Corinne Foxx On Feeling Sexy When She Gets Older: “I Don’t Think There’s An Age To That”
Actor Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, Deebo From ‘Friday,’ Passes Away At 62 was originally published on theboxhouston.com