YouTube can kick off a lot of careers with the rapid sharing of content well comedian YouTuber DDG has gotten the tools to push his career from not just social media but to a music artist. From the reaction, prank & even skit videos, young DDG has found great success from YouTube uploading his own original content, this has earned him more than 1 million subscribers as well as over 1 million Instagram followers.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
From first getting into social media videos in 2014, the Michigan native says he always was told he was funny & had a good personality. Now the DDG wants to be taken seriously as a music artist, citing himself as an over “entertainer”. His first big record-breaking song came with a feature from Famous Dex & currently, he’s on tracks with G Herbo & Blac Youngsta. With a strong social media following on lock now he’s looking secure a spot in the music game.
I talk with DDG on making six figures off YouTube which led him to dropping out of college & of course being taken serious which seems to be something that’s not as bad as it was with artists like Summerella & Queen Naija (who he knew before the fame as well) making it somewhat easier to transition from social media celebrity to music celebrity.
- Police: Jussie Smollett Is Now a Suspect, Charges Pending
- Sidney Poitier — The First Black Man To Win The Academy Award For Best Actor — Turns 92
- Listen To Black Women| Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation?
- Welp! Mo’Nique Shares Edited Clip Of Her Steve Harvey Interview, Titled ‘Selling Out’
- Los Angeles-Bound Plane Forced To Land After Passenger Eats Meth
- Man Awakens To Find Wife Cheating On Him, Then Reportedly Stabs Her Lover
- Councilwoman Amanda Edwards On The Power Of Purpose | Black History Re:Defined
- Jussie Smollett Has Lied to Cops Before
- Tamar Braxton to Appear on “The Bold and The Beautiful”
- #NYFWNOIR: Top 20 Looks From Black Models On The Runway