R. Kelly is being criminally investigated in Georgia — and it’s all because of Lifetime’s docuseries … TMZ has learned.
Sources connected to the case tell us the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office has opened an investigation into allegations made against the singer in “Surviving R. Kelly.” We’re told the probe was launched over the past few days as a direct result of what ‘Surviving’ depicted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
We’re told investigators have been reaching out to several survivors featured in the TV project. We have confirmed investigators reached out to Asante McGee, one of the women who escaped R. Kelly’s home.
The attorney for Joycelyn Savage’s family has also been contacted and has been speaking to investigators.
We’re told investigators have been asking for contact information from others who have lived in Kelly’s former Atlanta home or have direct knowledge of what happened in the home.
We’re told investigators were flooded with calls once the docuseries aired.
The D.A. is not commenting.
- Porsha Williams Delivers Baby Girl!
- Daniel Caesar Says How He Really Feels & Lupita Nyong’o Decimates: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Rowland On The Power Of Loving Your ‘Crown And Glory’
- She’s Back! ‘Claws’ Cutie Karrueche Confirms Her Return As A Bedazzled Eyepatch Rocking Virginia [VIDEO]
- Condolences: Megan Thee Stallion’s Mother, Holly Thomas, Passes Away
- Porsha Williams Is Ready To Give Birth, In Labor
- Baby Bump Watch: Porsha Williams Preps To Deliver Baby PJ! [PHOTOS]
- World Water Day: Disturbing Facts About Water Supply In Communities Of Color
- “MAGA Bomber” Terrorist Tearfully Pleads Guilty In Federal Court
- Listen To Black Women | If A Man Cheats, Does That Mean He Doesn’t Love You?