R. Kelly is being criminally investigated in Georgia — and it’s all because of Lifetime’s docuseries … TMZ has learned.
Sources connected to the case tell us the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office has opened an investigation into allegations made against the singer in “Surviving R. Kelly.” We’re told the probe was launched over the past few days as a direct result of what ‘Surviving’ depicted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
We’re told investigators have been reaching out to several survivors featured in the TV project. We have confirmed investigators reached out to Asante McGee, one of the women who escaped R. Kelly’s home.
The attorney for Joycelyn Savage’s family has also been contacted and has been speaking to investigators.
We’re told investigators have been asking for contact information from others who have lived in Kelly’s former Atlanta home or have direct knowledge of what happened in the home.
We’re told investigators were flooded with calls once the docuseries aired.
The D.A. is not commenting.
- Win Tickets to See Rod Wave
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Why Is The Internet Debating Drake VS Michael Jackson?
- After Horrific Photos Surface, Black Leaders Demand President Biden Take Action For Asylum Seekers Now
- Tamika Mallory Slams Biden Administration For Border Patrol Whipping Haitian Migrants: ‘Y’all Are Responsible’
- “Dear White People Vol. 4” Exclusive: Watch Troy And Joelle “Gettin’ It” In Sneak Peek From Final Season
- Whips On Horseback: U.S. Officials Claim Nothing Inhumane Is Happening To Haitian Migrants Being Removed From Texas
- Naomi Campbell Looks Ageless At The British Vogue X Tiffany & Co Event For London Fashion Week
- Beautify Delivery Is Taking The Beauty Game To The Next Level
- Before Gabby Petito, Hundreds Of Indigenous Girls Went Missing In Wyoming To Little Media Attention
- African Pride Stylist Xia Charles Shares 5 Ways To Use Gel In Your Natural Hair Routine