R. Kelly is being criminally investigated in Georgia — and it’s all because of Lifetime’s docuseries … TMZ has learned.
Sources connected to the case tell us the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office has opened an investigation into allegations made against the singer in “Surviving R. Kelly.” We’re told the probe was launched over the past few days as a direct result of what ‘Surviving’ depicted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
We’re told investigators have been reaching out to several survivors featured in the TV project. We have confirmed investigators reached out to Asante McGee, one of the women who escaped R. Kelly’s home.
The attorney for Joycelyn Savage’s family has also been contacted and has been speaking to investigators.
We’re told investigators have been asking for contact information from others who have lived in Kelly’s former Atlanta home or have direct knowledge of what happened in the home.
We’re told investigators were flooded with calls once the docuseries aired.
The D.A. is not commenting.
- Who Would’ve Thought: These Actors Made More Money Than Will Smith In 2019 ‘Forbes’ List
- Young Thug – Surf ft Gunna (Official Video)
- 101.1 The Wiz Presents: #WizFreestyleFriday with DJ J.Dough Feat. @Dear3arl Ep.45
- Missy Elliott Drops Visual for ‘Throw It Back’
- Future ft. Meek Mill & Doe Boy “100 Shooters,” G-Eazy & Tyga “Bang” & More | Daily Visuals 8.22.19
- #BlackGirlMagic: Coco Gauff Aces New ‘Teen Vogue’ Cover
- Realness: Ricky On FX’s ‘Pose’ Smashes Expectations On How Black Men Walk, Talk & Show Love
- Booger Sugar Blues: Patriots Safety Patrick Chung Indicted For Cocaine Possession
- Young Thug Denies Being Gay, Claims He’s Straightest Man In The World [Video]
- Dave Chappelle Is Hosting A Free Block Party In Dayton, Ohio Following The City’s Mass Shooting