R. Kelly is being criminally investigated in Georgia — and it’s all because of Lifetime’s docuseries … TMZ has learned.
Sources connected to the case tell us the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office has opened an investigation into allegations made against the singer in “Surviving R. Kelly.” We’re told the probe was launched over the past few days as a direct result of what ‘Surviving’ depicted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
We’re told investigators have been reaching out to several survivors featured in the TV project. We have confirmed investigators reached out to Asante McGee, one of the women who escaped R. Kelly’s home.
The attorney for Joycelyn Savage’s family has also been contacted and has been speaking to investigators.
We’re told investigators have been asking for contact information from others who have lived in Kelly’s former Atlanta home or have direct knowledge of what happened in the home.
We’re told investigators were flooded with calls once the docuseries aired.
The D.A. is not commenting.
- Win Tickets to Coney Island Night of Lights
- Meet THE WIZ + Cricket Wireless “30 Under 30” Winners Presented by Regeneration Schools
- Cecilia Rouse Will Be The First Black Person To Chair The Council of Economic Advisers
- Black Folks Won’t Forget All The Ways People Tried To Undermine Their Votes This Year
- Symone Sanders And Karine Jean-Pierre Land Key Roles As Biden’s Communications Team Is Revealed
- Will A Black Woman Be Appointed To Kamala Harris’ Seat In The Senate?
- Ohio State Football Coach Ryan Day Tests Positive For COVID-19
- People Think Trump OK’d Iran’s Nuclear Scientist Assassination To Sabotage Biden Administration
- DJ Khaled To Host Trump Supporter’s ‘No Ceilings 3’ Mixtape
- Petty Party: Cardi B Blasts Wiz Khalifa After Replying To Shady Barbz Tweet
- A$AP Rocky Delivered Thanksgiving Meals To Same Shelter He Once Lived With Mother
- Black Luxury Shoe Designer Tori Soudan’s High Heels Are Well Worth The Splurge