R. Kelly is being criminally investigated in Georgia — and it’s all because of Lifetime’s docuseries … TMZ has learned.
Sources connected to the case tell us the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office has opened an investigation into allegations made against the singer in “Surviving R. Kelly.” We’re told the probe was launched over the past few days as a direct result of what ‘Surviving’ depicted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
We’re told investigators have been reaching out to several survivors featured in the TV project. We have confirmed investigators reached out to Asante McGee, one of the women who escaped R. Kelly’s home.
The attorney for Joycelyn Savage’s family has also been contacted and has been speaking to investigators.
We’re told investigators have been asking for contact information from others who have lived in Kelly’s former Atlanta home or have direct knowledge of what happened in the home.
We’re told investigators were flooded with calls once the docuseries aired.
The D.A. is not commenting.
- Meghan McCain Calls ‘The View’ Co-Host A Bi**h On Live TV [VIDEO]
- Dominican Officials Say David Ortiz Wasn’t Intended Target In Shooting
- Kimora Lee Simmons Says Djimon Hounsou Is An Absent Dad, Per Sources
- Kevin Hart Accused Of Withholding Social Media Info In $7M Lawsuit Battle
- ‘Saved By the Bell’ Alum Joins ABC’s ‘Mixed-ish’
- Gucci Mane “Proud Of You,” Murs, 9th Wonder & The Soul Council “Night Shift” & More | Daily Visuals 6.19.19
- Cardi B Suffers A Wardrobe Malfunction While Performing [Video]
- Former Ohio Police Officer Gets Prison Time For Excessive Force!
- Dwyane Wade On His Son Attending Miami Pride: ‘My Role As A Father Is To Support My Kids’
- GET THE LOOK: If You Can’t Afford Rihanna’s FENTY Shoes, We Found The Solution For You