We thought this was coming but now it’s official! The MLS Commissioner made a special trip to the Queen City to announce that Cincinnati, Ohio has been granted the newest expansion club in the league making it the 26th team to join the MLS.
Get Breaking News and Exclusive Contest to Your Inbox:
This marks the second MLS team in the state behind the Columbus Crew. Cincinnati won one of the four bids from the MLS expansion expected this year. The team will undergo a name change from FC Cincinnati to Foosball Club Cincinnati, a nod to the German heritage in the region.
2019 will officially begin their inaugural season with the MLS. Plans are already in place for a new 21,000 seat arena to be built in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati and is expected to be complete in 2021. Until the Cincinnati Foosball will continue to play will play at Nippert Stadium. Cincinnati Foosball will be the third professional sports team for the city.
- Ali Alexander Plays To His Dwindling Base After January 6 Committee Cooperation Confirmed
- Lori Harvey Shines In All Black While Spending 12 Hours In Vegas
- Cardi B Reveals The Cover Art For Her New Single And It’s Fire!
- Black Music Month: Check Out This Throwback of A ’98 Freaknik Video Referencing Atlanta As “Black America”
- If We Can’t Go To The Pynk, Where The Hell Can We Go? ‘P-Valley’ Episode 4 Recap
- Pregnancy Related Deaths Could Soar For Black Women Now That Roe V. Wade Has Been Overturned
- AFAF: I Cheated Before Walking Down The Aisle!
- Samuel L. Jackson Rips Uncle Clarence Thomas On Twitter
- Jack Harlow Rocks Lil Nas X Shirt At BET Awards To Protest Snub
- Commentary: No, White Liberals, You Don’t Get To Call Clarence Thomas The N-Word. WTF?