Ahead of the release of the “Black Panther” film comes the soundtrack, spearheaded by Kendrick Lamar. Its lead single, “All The Stars,” featuring SZA, has been warmly embraced by fans. The music video, however, is currently under scrutiny after an artist named Lina Iris Viktor claims that her artwork was used for the video without her permission.
The work in the video does look pretty heavily inspired by her work, and Marvel did reach out to her to ask her permission to use her work, but she turned them down. Could she win the lawsuit? Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Enter To Win Festival of Laugh Tickets Featuring Sommore
- Kanye West Wins $10 Mil Lawsuit Against Insurance Company
- Meek Mill Is Getting An Appeal Hearing
- Chadwick Boseman: ‘This Movie Is A Labor Of Love’
- LeBron James: Trump ‘Really Don’t Give a F*ck About the People’ [VIDEO]
- Sorry Mo’Nique! Marlon Wayans Lands Comedy Special On Netflix
- Chris Rock Comedy Special Out On Netflix Now [TRAILER]
- If You Really Want To Know What (Some) White Folks Think About Black People — Watch This
- Michael Blackson Reveals He Last Cried After Losing His First Child [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Get To Know The Characters of Black Panther!