Rapper Speech, from the progressive hip-hop group Arrested Development, posted a meme criticizing major figures in hip-hop. The image includes a slew of the culture’s most successful men, including T.I., Diddy, Jay-Z and more. The meme criticized the “so-called ‘successful’ black men” men for getting rich off of perpetuating harmful black stereotypes. But when Raven-Symoné reposted it on her Instagram, she received much of the internet’s ire.
Raven got a clapback from T.I. and Trey Songz, but Speech, who actually composed the original post, didn’t get much flack. Meanwhile, the men in the photo have since given back to their communities in major ways, while the same can’t exactly be said about Speech. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Welcomes Baby Girl No. 3 [PHOTOS]
- Lazy Paparazzi: Tiffany Haddish Goes Off On Camera Guy Who Watched Her Struggle With Her Luggage At LAX
- ‘Tea Talk The Podcast’ Ep. 2: Iyanla’s Unusual Antics Expose Hazel E’s Ridiculous Song Lyrics
- PRESS PLAY: Lia Givenchy Announces Snatching Season On ‘Draggin It’
- The Boys Can’t Wait To Squeeze Their Cheeks Into Some Fashion Nova Jeans
- Cold: Odell Beckham Jr. Meets His Rap Battle Match In This Canadian Singer
- #WTFasho When Rapping Goes Wrong!
- Kanye West Reveals That He’s Producing Nas’ New Album And Announces It’s Release Date
- Beyoncé And Solange Epic ‘Great Fall’ During 2nd Coachella Performance
- ‘RHOAS10’ Recap: Kim And Her Wig Are Done With The Show For Good