Rapper Speech, from the progressive hip-hop group Arrested Development, posted a meme criticizing major figures in hip-hop. The image includes a slew of the culture’s most successful men, including T.I., Diddy, Jay-Z and more. The meme criticized the “so-called ‘successful’ black men” men for getting rich off of perpetuating harmful black stereotypes. But when Raven-Symoné reposted it on her Instagram, she received much of the internet’s ire.
Raven got a clapback from T.I. and Trey Songz, but Speech, who actually composed the original post, didn’t get much flack. Meanwhile, the men in the photo have since given back to their communities in major ways, while the same can’t exactly be said about Speech. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Voices: What’s Next For DaniLeigh In Her “Kobe Year” After”The Plan” & “Lil Bebe”
- WARRANT ISSUED FOR BLOCBOY JB IN TENNESSEE
- Black History Month: Spotlighting A Decade of Struggle
- BOX-OFFICE REPORT
- Superhero Guide To Black History Month: Andrew Gillum
- Future History Maker Representing Change: Sedrick Denson
- Loving Her Legacy: Jesmyn Ward
- Did Jussie Smollett Stage His Own Attack?
- Dave Chappelle Personally Delivers Show Tickets To Couple Hit With Scam
- 50 Cent Tells Teairra Mari To Pay Up $30K, Gets Called Rat In Response
Raven-Symoné Poses for Rolling Out
1. 1. Raven-Symoné on the cover of Rolling out Magazine (Photo/EURweb.com)1 of 5
2. 2. Raven wearing a sultry red dress during her photo shoot (Photo/EURweb.com)2 of 5
3. 3. Raven in a a leather Jacket and Gold striped dress during photo shoot.3 of 5
4. 4. Raven wearing gold dress for Rolling Out magazine shoot4 of 5
5. 5. Raven wearing halter top and spandex pants for Rolling Out magazine shoot5 of 5
Does Raven-Symoné Deserve All The Blame For Shady Hip-Hop Post? [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com