Despite successful efforts to quell the rate of new HIV infections among African-Americans, a particular sliver of the community — young Black gay and bisexual men — are being infected at an alarming rate.
According to a new report by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Black gay and bisexual men of all ages account for 73 percent of new infections among Black men, while the number of young Black gay and bisexual men under the age of 30 increased by 50 percent in only four years.
When considering all of this information, the challenge before us is clear: we cannot end the Black AIDS epidemic without confronting HIV among Black gay men, and the stigma and homophobia that allows HIV to flourish in our communities.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA
- CATHY HUGHES RECEIVES DISTINGUISHED CIVIL RIGHTS ADVOCATE AWARD
- WOULD YOU JUMP IN & HELP IF YOUR CHILD WAS INVOLVED IN A FIGHT?
- SOULJA BOY’S TOP 10 BIGGEST WTF MOMENTS
- YOU KNOW YOU’RE FROM CINCINNATI, OHIO IF…