A bun is in the oven for Jeannie Mai and Jeezy!
On the season premiere of The Real, Mai stepped out and revealed her growing baby bump in front of her castmates Adrienne Houghton, Loni Love, and Garcelle Beauvais and the audience. The baby is the first for Mai and the third for Jeezy, who has two children from a previous relationship.
“Jeezy and I have been kind of saving this and hiding this for five months. So, we’re relieved to finally share the news,” she told Women’s Health Magazine. Keeping the bump a secret was difficult for the fashionista, but she shared the two experienced difficulties trying to conceive a child. The couple opted for in-vitro fertilization (IVF) due to Jeannie being 41. Just before the couple exchanged vows at their March 2021 wedding, Jeannie discovered she was pregnant, only to suffer a miscarriage soon after.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
“I wondered if I was being punished. I wondered if I’d jinxed myself or cursed myself,” Jeannie said. Up until last year, she didn’t want to be a parent. “My entire life, I never wanted children. When I say never, I’m talking a hard-stop never.”
However, falling in love with the Atlanta rapper and entrepreneur changed her mind on the matter.
“Falling in love with Jeezy made me see life differently for myself. Our love is honest, pure, and safe…something I hadn’t felt as a child,” she said.
A week after their wedding, at a doctor’s appointment for their IVF treatments, Jeannie discovered she was pregnant again. The ability for the two to finally conceive was a sign from God, Mai says. It came during the couple’s happiest, most-stress free period – their early days as husband and wife.
“It was the most beautiful sign that anything’s possible, that you’re not in control, and God has a plan,” she adds.
With motherhood officially in her future, Jeannie understands she’s stepping into a brand new role, one she feels comfortable in finally accepting and appreciating.
“I’m so aware of my own emotions growing up right now. It all comes back to you,” she says. “Being a mom is hands down the hardest role in the entire world. Now that we’re bringing another Jenkins into the picture. I have no idea what to expect.”
RELATED: Jeezy, ‘The Real’ Host Jeannie Mai Wed In Private Ceremony In Atlanta
- Sabrina Elba Stuns In Dolce And Gabbana
- Yung Miami And Diddy Go On A Designer Shopping Spree During ‘Act Bad’ Instagram Skit
- Blue Ivy Carter Joined Beyoncé Onstage During Renaissance World Tour Stop In Paris
- Serena Williams Tells Olympia She’s Going To Be A Big Sis, And Her Reaction Is Heart-Warming
- Issa Rae Talks The Importance Of Authenticity As A CEO In The May Issue Of ‘Black Enterprise’
- Sza Shows Off Her Long Healthy Natural Hair
- Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
- Halle Bailey Talks The Little Mermaid Movie, The Color Purple, New Music & More!
- Lori Harvey Showed Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Stunning Red Dress
- GoFundMe Started To Help Family Of Teen In ‘Citi Bike Karen’ Viral Incident
Jeannie Mai & Jeezy Expecting Their First Child Together was originally published on theboxhouston.com
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Listen The WIZ On Your Amazon Echo
Download The New 101.1 WIZ Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Cincinnati: A 17 Year Old Hit By A Car Outside Clark Montessori High School
Lil Harold Breaks Down Influence On ‘After The Curse’ Mixtape, Calls Joseline His Favorite Dancer