The Federal Bureau of Investigation has released a new report from data gathered by the agency declaring Cincinnati the city with the largest number of hate crimes in the state of Ohio. The report stated that Cincinnati had a high number of hate crimes against an individual because of a racial or ethnic reason. The second highest cause in the city for hate crimes was religion.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Local organizations and religious groups in the Cincinnati area have been taking extra security measures to protect themselves and their communities. In 2018 Ohio had a total of 350 reported hate crimes in the metro area in comparison to 235 in Kentucky and 111 in Indiana.
- Win A Chance to be a WIZ DJ for a Day!
- Win a Skyline Chili Gift Card
- Nominate a Woman to be Honored for Women’s History Month
- So Cute: Serena Williams & Daughter Olympia Flaunt Matching Outfits In New Stuart Weitzman Campaign
- Christopher Wray Said The FBI Is Not ‘Systemically Racist.’ History Shows That’s A Lie
- Black Girl Joy: Regina King Crashes Andra Day’s Interview After Historic Golden Globe Win
- TRIED IT: Signed By McFly’s Pink Wind Bodysuit Kept Me Snatched In All The Right Places
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — March 2, 2021:Wage Increase — Voting Rights Tested —Decline in New Infections Stalls
- Racist University Of Texas Song Shrugged Off By Alumni And Donors, Emails Show
- Chloé Zhao Makes History As First Asian Woman To Win Best Director For ‘Nomadland’ At Golden Globes
- Winston Duke Will Portray Civil Rights Activist Marcus Garvey In Amazon Biopic, ‘Marked Man’
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Chadwick Boseman’s Widow Delivers Golden Globe Speech
- Governor DeWine Expands COVID Vaccine Distribution in Ohio