Radio One Cincinnati Present the Pink Lady Honors
This week we would like to recognize and honor Heather Spiller. On May 27th, 2018 Heather’s life was changed forever when she was diagnosed with stage one aggressive Ductal Carcinoma. After six rounds of chemotherapy and a few surgeries, she is now finally finished with everything and feels blessed to have a second change cancer free! Heather, we honor you for the strong Pink Lady survivor you are!
Knowledge Is Power: 13 Myths About Breast Cancer
1. Myth: Exposing a tumor to air during surgery causes cancer to spreadSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Myth: Women with small breast have a lower chance of getting breast cancerSource:iOne 2 of 13
3. Myth: Breast implants can raise the risk of getting breast cancerSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Myth: If you’re at risk of getting breast cancer there isn’t much you can do.Source:Natease Photography 4 of 13
5. Myth: You can’t get cancer after a mastectomySource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Myth: Getting annual mammograms exposes you to radiation that can cause breast cancer.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Myth: Hair straighteners can cause cancer in African American womenSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. Myth: Wearing a Bra At Night Can Increase Your Risk Of Breast CancerSource:Instagram 8 of 13
9. Myth: Having an Abortion Raises Your Risk of Breast CancerSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. Myth: Only Older Women Need to Worry About CancerSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. Myth: You Are Only At Risk if You Have a Family HistorySource:Getty 11 of 13
12. Myth: Fertility treatments increase the risk of getting breast cancer.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Myth: Your caffeine habit increases your risk of developing cancer.Source:Getty 13 of 13
- Behind The Scenes: ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Directors Want Eddie Murphy Sequel As Their Next Project
- Pourquoi? Commes des Garçons Threw Some Tired Ol’ Cornrow Wigs On White Models For Paris Fashion Week
- Missy Elliott’s Urban One Honors Acceptance Speech Is The #BlackGirlMagic Moment We Needed
- Retired CPD officer recalls the day he spent with Martin Luther King Jr.
- Cincinnati: Runner Amy Robillard Training To Make It To The Tokyo Olympics!
- Ohio Woman Escapes Custody At Jackson County Sheriff’s Office!
- ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Earns $73 Million At Box Office, ‘Bad Boys 4’ In The Works
- #All4Cincy: Cody O’Connor’s Walk for Cancer
- FBI ‘Honors’ Martin Luther King With Tone-Deaf Tweet That Revises Black History
- Rihanna & A$AP Rocky Spark Dating Rumors After Singer’s Reported Breakup