According to MSN Money the Cincinnati metro area is one of the worst places for African-Americans in the U.S.! The Cincinnati metro area including Northern Kentucky landed 48th on the worst list. MSN Money has based their list on the disparities in each city between black and white residents in various social and economic measures.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
African-Americans households typically earn 61 cents for every dollar compared to Caucasian homes in America. Black household incomes in Cincinnati are significantly lower compared to the average in America. Black households in the Cincinnati metro area earn 49.6% of the area’s medium white household. That’s only an average of $32,429 per year.
It is also being reported that African-Americans in Cincinnati have a harder time finding employment in the area. Cincinnati’s labor force unemployment rates for African-Americans is at 11.5% significantly higher than the average for Whites at 04.1%.
- Yay Or Nay? 10 Men’s Fashion Week Looks That’ll Make You Question If You’re Doing Fashion Right
- ‘Black Ink Crew’ Compton Spinoff Coming To VH1 This Summer
- Meek Mill Talks Life & Fighting For Freedom In Trailer For ‘Free Meek’ Docuseries
- Supreme Teases Collab With Buju Banton
- Kirk Franklin, Jonathan McReynolds, Erica Campbell and Kelly Price Bring Inspiration to the BET Awards with “Love Theory”
- [VIDEO] Lizzo Performs “Truth Hurts” For Her First BET Awards Performance
- [VIDEO] Tyler Perry Gives Uplifting Speech at 2019 BET Awards for Ultimate Icon Award
- [VIDEO] Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus Bring Country to The BET Awards with “Old Town Road” Performance
- [VIDEO] Cardi B and Offset Open the 2019 BET Awards with “Press” and “Clout” Performance
- Mary J. Blige Teams Up With MAC To Release Lipstick, ‘French Silk’