We’re getting more details on the deal that went down to get Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir’s reality show on the air.
TMZ reports that BET paid him $400,000 and her $250,000 to get commitments from the future Mr. and Mrs. Mane. The network will also foot the bill for an extravagant wedding, with an estimated price tag of around $1 million.
The show will document the lives of Gucci and Keyshia leading up to their big day on October 17th. The plan is for an eight-episode run, which will feature scenes from bachelor and bachelorette parties.
- VH1 was also in the running to get the show, but apparently BET out-bid the home of Love and Hip-Hop.
- We hear the plan is for the wedding to go down in Miami with around 200 guests.
- Their romance has been pretty public from the jump. Don’t forget, he proposed to her on the kiss cam at an Atlanta Hawks game.
- Now that Gucci is sober, it will be interesting to see how he spends his bachelor party.
- No word on a premiere date, but sounds like late summer or early fall.
- They get their wedding paid for and they get paid to deal with all the stress leading up to the big day? Sounds like a pretty good deal.
- Would you get married on TV if it meant you could have your dream wedding?