Just when you think you are doing well smh…! If you are a snack-er like me! Watch it! Check out these 6 snacks we THINK are healthy!
1. Veggie Chips..Just because they say “Veggie” doesn’t mean they are healthy, nope! these chips are made of vegetable flour and don’t contain any real vegetables at all! They house as much fat and calories as potato varieties — and a lot more sodium.
2. Energy Bars! We all reach for these, welp, might as well reach for a candy bar if the energy bars aren’t under 200 calories and 20 grams of sugar!
3. Reduced Fat Peanut Butter! Who doesn’t love Peanut butter! Well if you are trying to cut back try natural peanut butter instead just watch portion sizes
4. Trail Mix, better than chips right! wrong! Pre-packaged and processed trail mixes are high in fat and calories.
5. Smoothies...all the calories and sugar might as well eat some fruit and save some money
6. Frozen Yogurt..better than ice cream…NOT some are up to 1000 calories! Might as well eat the ice cream and watch your portions!
Shocking! I know, read more detail here: http://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-and-nutrition/snacks-you-think-are-healthy-but-aren’t-4214.aspx?pos=1&xid=nl_MyCalorieCounterNewsletter_20150218
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER/INSTAGRAM @Wiznationcincy and FACEBOOK @101.1 Wiz Nation
FOLLOW ME, KristenK, TWITTER/INSTAGRAM @kristenk_1
CATCH ME LIVE ON AIR! SATURDAYS 10AM-2PM and SUNDAYS 2PM-6PM