Tomorrow is Monday, the start of the work week. Who is not trying to loose weight??? Do you know the workplace is notorious for long hours at the computer and constant snacking from the receptionist’s evil candy bowl. You develop more bad habits at work. Check out these tips on how to avoid gaining weight at work….
1. Eat Breakfast:Eating breakfast not only helps your mind function better and gives you more energy, but it can help put an end to the overloading of food at lunch to compensate for an empty tummy
2. Exercise: Taking the stairs instead of the elevator, getting up every hour to do a lap around the building or hand delivering a memo to the next room rather than emailing it.
3. Snacking: Get your hands out of the goody drawer and grab a healthy piece of fruit instead. Snacking is a major cause of packing on the pounds quickly
4. Group Food: Has every other week turned into a “holiday” party with pot lucks, or does your favorite co-worker bring in homemade baked goods. WATCH YOUR PORTIONS
5. Social Traps: Instead of making food and drink your social after-work gathering, go bowling or organize a team sport. Better yet, leave the after-work socializing to one day a month and stop by the gym instead before going home.
6. Traveling: Plan ahead, Pack a bag full of healthy nuts, fruits and 100-calorie snack packs.
The bottom line is this: To avoid gaining weight at the office or in any type of job environment, follow the tried and true motto of eating a sensible diet and getting plenty of exercise. Find out more details here: http://www.lifescript.com/diet-fitness/articles/archive/diet/lose-weight/gaining_weight_at_work.aspx?utm_source=newsalert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2013-11-07d
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: 1011WIZF and FACEBOOK: 101.1 WIZ NATION
FOLLOW ME, Kristenk, on FACEBOOK/TWITTER: Radioonekristen
CATCH US LIVE ON AIR! SATURDAY/SUNDAYS 6PM-10PM