According To AllHipHop
Kanye West and a few record labels are facing a new copyright/RICO lawsuit, over the continued usage of a 1974 sample.
Kanye is currently being sued by Trena Steward and Lorenzo Pryor, who are the owners of the copyright for the song “Bumpin’ Bus Stop.” The song was originally recorded by the siblings’ father, David Pryor of the music group Thunder & Lightning. The brother and sister are suing for millions of dollars in damages, saying Kanye illegally used a portion of the tune in his hit single “Gold Digger.” It doesn’t end their, record labels including Roc-a-Fella Records, Bad Boy Records, and The Island Def Jam Music Group are also being sued as well.
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Omarosa Versus Micheal Clarke Duncan’s (SISTER)
- Kelly Rowland Talks a Good Game
- Terrific Tuesday: Who is joining the Real Husbands of Hollywood???
- 3.9 Pounds Of Kush Found In A Routine Traffic Stop!
- TUNE IN TUESDAY MIX
- DRIVE AT 5 MIX
- Pharrell Gets It In For His Birthday!!!
Kanye West Sued For Millions Over Illegal Song Sampling was originally published on hot1079philly.com