What golf club on God’s green earth would dare ban the greatest NBA player that ever lived? Well, the New York Post reports that the powers-that-be at the oh-so-posh La Gorce Country Club in Miami had the unmitigated audacity to ban Michael Jordan (pictured but not wearing the shorts in question) from their course because…he was sporting cargo shorts!
Reportedly, the country club makes its members adhere to the rules of only wearing collared shirts and Bermuda shorts while playing golf.
A source told the Post that “His Airness” was asked to change his fashion faux pas but that he flatly refused. The request was made after a few club members balked about Jordan’s multi-pocketed shorts.
Again, say what now?
Jordan’s rep gave the Post a statement about what actually happened with regards to the snub:
Michael Jordan did wear cargo pants…. He had been there many times before and had worn cargo pants previously and had never been made aware that he was violating any dress code. This time, he was made aware of the violation on the 12th hole, and at that point…he did refuse to interrupt his game and return to the clubhouse and change. We were not aware that he is not allowed to return to La Gorce. I guess it’s their loss — as MJ is a great golfer, and a great guest.
The Post tried to reach the club for a comments but mum’s the word.
And now alas, poor Jordan will probably take his putts, pocketed pants, and go off to greener pastures….
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Kanye West Dragged Into Kim Kardashian’s Divorce Trial
- Rihanna Scores First Number 1 Album With ‘Unapologetic’
- Have Toys Gone Too Far With The Breastfeeding Baby?
- Rick Ross’ Advice For Women And Weed Smokers
- 50 Cent Featuring Eminem & Adam Levine-My Life [Official Video]
- WOW! Ryan Lesile Ordered By Jury To Pay $1 Milli For Reward Offer Of Stolen Laptop
- Questlove Shuts Club Down With J Dilla DJ Mix [VIDEO]