Thanksgiving dinner may be the most anticipated meal of the year – but unfortunately, people can also anticipate the subsequent weight gain. Here are 10 tips on eating SMART for Thanksgiving!
1. Breakfast!- the most important meal of day! Fill up on healthy calories early in the day and you’re less likely to overeat during the feast
2. Walk it off- A quick trip around the block is a great way to shed a few calories! Don’t forget to exercise even though its a holiday!
3. Libations- Slow down with the alcoholic beverages! they add on mega calories on top of the good food! Drink water for dinner
4. Snack smart- Healthy snacks, including veggies, fruit, hummus or salt- free nuts.
5. Souped up- broth-based soups, are low in fat and make a great, yet filling, starter.
6. Substitutes- replace multiple ingredients with skim milk, low sodium broth, egg whites, sugar substitutes and olive oil.
7. Splurge a little- It’s a special occasion, so it’s OK to have a few of your favorites if you balance it out.
8. Petite plate- Little of this, little of that-smart portions and you still get the whole meal!
9. Put down the fork- Savor each bite, set down your fork, sip some water and have conversations
10. Easy on the sweets- limit dessert.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, just be smart about it to avoid unwanted weight gain!
For more log on to: http://www.wtop.com/695/3120237/11-tips-for-smart-eating-this-Thanksgiving