NEW YORK — Reggae star Denroy Morgan was arrested in the Bronx after police claimed they found him with 25 pounds of marijuana in his car. Morgan is the father of the popular reggae group, Morgan Heritage.
The arrest of the 66-year-old Morgan led to the apartment he was coming from being raided. Police claim they found another 310 pounds of marijuana.
RELATED LINKS: Buju Banton wants 15-year drug sentence reduced
The New York Daily News reports:
The cops immediately pulled Morgan’s car over for running a stop sign and noticed a strong odor of weed wafting from his rolled-down window, the source said.
Morgan copped to having a trunkload of pot, the source said.
Cops opened the trunk and found two large bags filled with 25 pounds of grass, the source said.
- FABOLOUS CLEARS UP RAY-J ALTERCATION ON THE RADIO
- SEE WHAT HAPPEN AFTER THE FLOYD VS ORTIZ FIGHT!
- MEET ROCNATION’S FIRST LADY: BRIDGET KELLY [VIDEO]
- DAWN RICHARD RELEASES “LOVE WON’T LOSE”
- CELEBS COME OUT FOR SMOOTH MAGAZINE’S 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY [PHOTOS]