So, the man responsible for the choreography of Beyonce’s video for “Run the World (Girls)” is not a Philly native, but we will claim him anyway. Jeffrey Page was a fixture in the Philly dance world in the late 1990’s as a student at The University of the Arts. This man is an African Dance dynamo, seriously.
Jeffrey was a resident choreographer for the TV show “So You Think You Can Dance,” served as the choreographer for Beyonce’s BDay World Tour in 2007, co-choreographed the opening number for the 2005 BET Awards, and was recently featured in the Broadway show “Fela!” This brother’s got it goin’ on in a major way.
Jeffrey Page received the first honorable mention in my new feature series “Name ‘Em and Claim ‘Em,” which highlighs people from (educated in, worked in or lived in) Philadelphia. Check out the video of Beyonce’s latest single below, and to see his choreography demo below…
Jeffrey Page, we name you, claim you and salute you!
—By Tiffany Bacon
Are you a fan of the music video? Share your thoughts with us below on the message board or take our Beyonce video poll.
- RAZ B ACCUSED OF RAPE & URINATING ON 15-YEAR-OLD BOY IN CHINA
- THE FUTURE OF T-PAIN’S CRUSH ON KE$HA
- PRODIGY TALKS JAIL, SNITCHING & MURDER
- KERI HILSON COVERS WHITNEY HOUSTON’S “I HAVE NOTHING” AT BMI AWARDS
- JAY-Z SIGNS DEVELOPMENT DEAL WITH ADULT SWIM & PERFORMS AT UPFRONT