According to NBC4i, more than 110,000 Ohio school students and more than 22,000 teachers and staff members have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the latest weekly data released Thursday by the Ohio Department of Health.
Numbers reflect the week ending the previous Sunday, so this week’s modest increase of 5,559 new cases is lower, because it reflects a time that schools were on winter break.
Ohio K-12 schools have reported 136,082 total cases to ODH since the school year began. Infections were caught in and out of school.
113,310 (83%) cases are students and 22,772 (17%) are staff members, which include teachers, administrators, coaches and support staff.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Lala Anthony Shows Off Her New PrettyLittleThing Edit Just In Time For Summer
- Voters Choose Their Champions In 5 State Primaries
- Jessica Betts And Niecy Nash Discuss Betts’ Latest Single ‘We Drip,’ Married Life, And More
- Photos: GOP Candidate Marched With Proud Boys Jan. 6
- Jordyn Woods Shows Off Her Bikini Body Ody Ody In Cheeky ‘Wash Day’ Post
- White Mom's Lawsuit: CRT Made Biracial Son Identify As Black
- Nicki Minaj’s Natural Hair Sparks Twitter Debate
- LaLa Anthony Serves Disco Barbie Realness In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Buffalo Shooting Suspect's Hispanic Best Friend Speaks Out
- 'Bring Brittney Home' Campaign Presses For Player's Release