A day of fun turned to tragedy as a woman who lost consciousness aboard a roller coaster at an Indiana theme park later died at a hospital.
The tragic scene unfolded on a Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari roller coaster Friday (June 4). The Indiana amusement and water park said an emergency crew arrived at the Voyage coaster three minutes after 47-year-old Dawn R. Jankovic, of Brunswick, Ohio, was discovered in her seat at the conclusion of the ride.
In a report by Fox8, Dubois County Coroner Katie Schuck said Jankovic died later that evening at a hospital in Jasper, Indiana.
On the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Facebook page, a statement was posted about the incident.
“A full inspection of the roller coaster has been performed, and it was determined that the ride operated as it was intended to.” The statement read. “The ride remained closed for the evening out of respect for the family. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari officials ask for your thoughts and prayers for the Guest and her family, as well as for Team Members who were onsite.”
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Da Baby Says ‘God’s Ready For Me To Be An Icon’
- Wiz Khalifa Slept In A Bonnet For The First Time And This Was His Reaction
- Enter for Your Chance to Win a Home Podcast Studio!
- Marjorie Harvey’s New Louis Vuitton Purse Costs The Equivalent To A Tesla
- Delta Variant May Spread Easily As Chickenpox According To CDC Document
- Ashanti Shows Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Teeny Tiny Blue Bikini
- LeVar Burton Hosting ‘Jeopardy!’ Is Black Joy Personified
- Cincinnati Reds: Joey Votto Sets Reds Homerun Record
- ‘Simone Biles Jokes’: SNL’s Michael Che Dragged For Allegedly Mocking Gymnast In Deleted Instagram Stories
- Pop Smoke ft. Dua Lipa “Demeanor,” Lil Baby & Kirk Franklin “We Win” & More | Daily Visuals 7.29.21
The Magic of Josephine Baker & 10 Black Women Who Changed Hollywood Forever
1. BeyoncéSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Hattie McDanielSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Lauryn HillSource:Live Nation 3 of 10
4. Whitney Houston
4 of 10
5. RihannaSource:Courtesy Of Paper Magazine/Photography By Sebastian Faena 5 of 10
6. Viola DavisSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Ava DuVernay
7 of 10
8. Oprah Winfrey
8 of 10
9. Eartha Kitt
9 of 10
10. Dorothy Dandridge
10 of 10
Ohio Woman Dies After Passing Out On Roller Coaster was originally published on newstalkcleveland.com