Since quarantine, I’ve been trying my hardest to stick with a daily workout routine. At this point, I feel accomplished by stimulating my brain with a 30 minute cardio run. Somewhere along the way, I developed dry patches of skin. I think it may be time to switch up my body skincare routine.
Lucky for me, Dove sent me an at-home tropical escape with their latest and greatest Dove Glowing Mango & Almond Butter Collection, featuring their classic and Foaming Body Wash, Beauty Bar, Body Wash, and Exfoliating Body Polish. They even threw in the perfect bath time essentials including a rum cocktail, cultivated Caribbean-inspired playlist, and a luxury candle – just what I needed for National Self-Care Day.
Thunderstorms forced my workout inside this morning, which was perfect since I was excited about the shower portion of it anyway. I peeled back the cap on the Dove Exfoliating Body Polish to be completely delighted by a smell reminiscent of mango sherbet and tropical punch. I hopped into the shower and placed a fair amount of the body polish on my Spin Spa to help the exfoliation travel throughout my body. The smell was sweet and the beads weren’t too harsh to the point where it left my body red and irritated.
Following the polish and per the instructions of the label, I followed up with the classic Glowing Body Wash. This was the perfect product to use to leave my skin smooth, silky and hydrated. After stepping out of the shower, I smelled like one of my favorite snacks – dried mangos. My skin still had the feeling of lotion application throughout my body and any dirt or sweat build up from my workout gone. Did I mention that I smelled like the tropics?
After my shower, I finished up my shower routine by keeping in the citrus theme and topping off my body with Black-owned brand Che Natural’s Hair & Skin Smoothie infused with turmeric and lemon. These new Dove products were definitely a great way to lift my spirits during this storm and take me on an imaginary island vacation in my shower. I might just crack open that bottle of rum they sent me to finish the day. Hey, it’s five o’clock somewhere, right?
Top 50 Natural Hair Products For Black Hair
1. Shea Moisture Strengthen, Grow + Restore ConditionerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 1 of 25
2. Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl + Style MilkSource:Courtesy of Walmart 2 of 25
3. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free ShampooSource:Courtesy of Walmart 3 of 25
4. Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine PomadeSource:Courtesy of Walmart 4 of 25
5. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In MoisturizerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 5 of 25
6. As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing ConditionerSource:Courtesy of Walmart 6 of 25
7. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil ShampooSource:courtesy of Organix 7 of 25
8. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In ConditionerSource:Cantu 8 of 25
9. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock GelSource:Cantu 9 of 25
10. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming ShampooSource:courtesy of Beautiful Textures 10 of 25
11. Beautiful Textures Moisture ButterSource:courtesy of Beautiful Textures 11 of 25
12. Ojon Damage Reverse ShampooSource:courtesy of Ojon 12 of 25
13. Ojon Damage Reverse ConditionerSource:courtesy of Ojon 13 of 25
14. OBIA Curl Hydration SpraySource:OBIA 14 of 25
15. Ouidad Heat and Humidity GelSource:courtesy of Ouidad 15 of 25
16. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing GelSource:Ouidad 16 of 25
17. Curly Hair Solutions Curl KeeperSource:Curly Hair Solutions 17 of 25
18. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme LiteSource:Curl Junkie 18 of 25
19. Moroccanoil Hydrating ShampooSource:Moroccanoil 19 of 25
20. Moroccanoil Hydrating ConditionerSource:Moroccanoil 20 of 25
21. Moroccanoil Hair TreatmentSource:Moroccanoil 21 of 25
22. Yarok HairSource:yarokhair.com 22 of 25
23. WEN Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing ConditionerSource:ChazDean.com 23 of 25
24. Jane Carter Solution All Natural Nourish and Shine for Dry Hair and Dry SkinSource:Jane Carter Solution 24 of 25
25. Pantene Pro-V Truly Natural Hair Co-Wash ConditionerSource:Pantene/Pantene.com 25 of 25
Dove’s Glowing Mango & Almond Butter Collection Is Perfect For National Self-Care Day! was originally published on hellobeautiful.com