Spike LeeToday for Black History Month, we are highlighting the director Spike Lee.
Birth Date: March 20, 1957
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York
- Spike Lee directed popular films like She’s Gotta Have It, Malcolm X, Black Kkklansman, and Do the Right Thing
- Spike Lee attended Morehouse College (earning a Bachelor’s degree) and New York University (earning a Master’s degree)
- Spike Lee is a huge sports fan, favoring the New York Knicks and the New York Yankees
- Spike Lee is married to Tonya Lewis and has 2 kids
- Spike Lee has won 2 Emmy Awards and recently won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay
- Spike Lee has become known for telling the stories of African Americans on film and addressing tough issues like racism
We thank you for you contributions Spike Lee.
Black History Month 2019: Spike Lee was originally published on thebeatdfw.com
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Fresh Like My Pop! Win Dad a Pair of Jordans for Father's Day!
Win Free Tickets to See Post Malone & $250!
Additional Details Emerge Regarding ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Star Jacky Oh’s Death
Download The New 101.1 WIZ Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Lil Harold Breaks Down Influence On ‘After The Curse’ Mixtape, Calls Joseline His Favorite Dancer
About Billions Drop "About Time" MIXTAPE! (AUDIO)