LeBron James may be the best basketball player on the planet, but he’s number-two in a more easily measured category. He’s the world’s second highest-paid athlete, according to Forbes.
LeBron’s estimated earnings in the past year, comprising salary and endorsements, total $86 million, behind soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo‘s $93 million. Here’s the whole Top 10:
- Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer): $93 million
- LeBron James (basketball): $86 million
- Lionel Messi (soccer): $80 million
- Roger Federer (tennis): $64 million
- Kevin Durant (basketball): $60.6 million
- Andrew Luck (football): $50 million
- Rory McIlroy (golf) $50 million
- Stephen Curry (basketball) $47.3 million
- James Harden (basketball) $46.6 million
- Lewis Hamilton (auto racing) $46 million
The only woman in the Top 100 is tennis great Serena Williams, who’s tied for 51st with $27 million.
- Clearly basketball offers a lot of endorsement potential with all the focus on shoes.
- Steph Curry is way behind ‘Bron, but I think he’ll take the ring instead.
- It’s amazing that no other women could even crack the list. Not Carli Lloyd, not Simone Biles, not even Venus Williams.
- Meanwhile, Tiger Woods is at number-17 even though his actual tournament winnings were only about $100,000.
OHIO: Three Dead Bodies Found ‘Bound and Gagged’
Three Men Found Guilty For 2018 Murder of XXXtentacion
Doug E Fresh, Slick Rick and More Added to Cincinnati Music Fest Line-up
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Finesse 3 Times? Rapper Finesse2Tymes Is In A Relationship With 3 Women At Once
Nicki Minaj Goes At Cardi B Fans Over Photoshop Claims
Erykah Badu Shows Her Kitty ! (ADULT CONTENT EXPLICT Video)
Meet Yahya Abdul Mateen II’s Boo; Jan Michael Quammie [Pics]