After finding herself sentenced to eight years in prison for intentional assault back in 2008, Remy Ma thought her rap career was over. Luckily, the then 26-year-old had the love and support of her Brooklyn-based boyfriend Papoose. Fast forward six years, Remy Ma was released and with the help of her hubby, she’s been slowly but surely repairing her rap career.
The two hip-hop lovebirds made headlines when it was revealed they’d be leading the sixth season of VH1’s polarizing Love & Hip-Hop: New York series. While you won’t see Remy and Pap disrespect, cheat, and fight with each other on national TV, you will see their undeniable love, tender affection, and team-like marriage.
We caught up with Remy and Papoose at VH1’s offices to discuss their new role on the controversial reality series, being crazy in love, and supporting castmates Yandy and Mendeecees Harris through his recent jail sentence. Remy also discussed how she hated Papoose when she first met him, becoming a wedding planner, and being a better rapper than her husband.
Catch Remy and Pap on Love & Hip-Hop: New York each and every Monday on VH1 at 8 p.m. EST. Watch our exclusive interview with Remy Ma and Papoose up top.
25 Pictures Of Remy Ma (PHOTOS)
1. Remy Ma & Her Husband Papoose.Source:Instagram 1 of 25
2. Just Kickin' It.Source:Instagram 2 of 25
3. Ayyyyeee.Source:GettyImages 3 of 25
4. Ready For War.Source:Instagram 4 of 25
5. Always Reppin'.Source:Instagram 5 of 25
6. At Kimora Lee Simmons' KLS Fashion Show.Source:SplashNews 6 of 25
7. Lolli...Lolli...Lollipop.Source:SplashNews 7 of 25
8. Remy & Joey.Source:SplashNews 8 of 25
9. Terror Squad.Source:GettyImages 9 of 25
10. Pretty In Pink.Source:GettyImages 10 of 25
11. Remy At The BET Awards.Source:GettyImages 11 of 25
12. Remy Martin At A Remy Martin Cognac Event.Source:GettyImages 12 of 25
13. At The VIBE Awards in 2005.Source:GettyImages 13 of 25
14. Blonde Bombshell.Source:GettyImages 14 of 25
15. Chattin' With Nick Cannon.Source:GettyImages 15 of 25
16. BX.Source:GettyImages 16 of 25
17. On The Summer Jam Stage.Source:GettyImages 17 of 25
18. Before Twerkin' Was Trendy.Source:GettyImages 18 of 25
19. Animal Print.Source:GettyImages 19 of 25
20. Sweater Dress Seductress.Source:GettyImages 20 of 25
21. Remy & Meth.Source:GettyImages 21 of 25
22. '80s Baby.Source:GettyImages 22 of 25
23. Going Hard In The Paint.Source:GettyImages 23 of 25
24. Red Carpet Ready.Source:GettyImages 24 of 25
25. All Smiles.Source:GettyImages 25 of 25
Remy Ma Talks Hating Papoose, Becoming A Wedding Planner, & Being A Better Rapper Than Her Hubby was originally published on globalgrind.com