It’s almost that time beauties–New Year’s Eve! This is the day we leave all bad things in our past and all good things are to come. But what’s most important is the night’s festivities, which include drinking of course. But here’s the thing…many of us have been toasting and cheersing all wrong and we didn’t even know it!
MUST READ: How To Open A Bottle Of Champagne
A toast is the perfect way to recognize a special occasion or celebration, especially during New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. But what is the appropriate way to make a toast? #TeamBeautiful linked up with internationally-recognized etiquette expert and author and founder of The Protocol School of Palm Beach, Jacqueline Whitmore and she set us straight with toasting tips. You’ll never get it wrong again:
1. Follow the host’s lead. It’s appropriate for the host to propose a toast at the beginning of the meal to welcome all the guests. After the host makes his toast, anyone else can propose a toast.
2. Keep it brief. The toast is more memorable if you keep the three S’s in mind: keep it short, simple and sincere. Remember, you’re giving a toast, not a roast.
3. Toast during the beginning or at the end of the meal. A toast is most appropriate before everyone begins eating or during the dessert course.
4. Everyone drinks except the guest of honor. If you’re the one being toasted, don’t touch your glass or don’t drink to yourself. It’s like patting yourself on your own back. When the host sits down, you’ll be expected to return the toast and then you may drink.
5. Always participate in a toast. Even if you don’t drink alcohol, it’s perfectly acceptable to toast with a soft drink, a glass of sparkling cider, or mineral water. Or you can raise a glass of wine or champagne to your lips, pretend to drink it and then set it aside.
6. It’s not necessary to clink glasses. In some cultures, this is considered bad form and should be avoided. When in doubt, watch the host. If you’re in a small group, you should always look each person in the eye when you lift your glass. You can complete the toast by saying something like, “Cheers” or “Bottoms Up.”
Chris Bosh & The Miami Heat Enjoy Champagne Showers! [MOET INCLUDED]
Light & Bubbly: 3 Champagne-Based Cocktails For New Year’s Eve
5 Champagne-Based Cocktails For Your New Year’s Eve Party
I’ll Drink To That: Don’t Clink Glasses + 5 Other Toast Tips That Will Make You Look Classy was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Lil Harold Breaks Down Influence On ‘After The Curse’ Mixtape, Calls Joseline His Favorite Dancer
Listen The WIZ On Your Amazon Echo
Win Free Tickets to See Post Malone & $250!
Cincinnati: A 17 Year Old Hit By A Car Outside Clark Montessori High School