Rapper Q-Tip is getting into television in a major way. He is partnering with Oscar nominated actors Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill to produce a drama series loosely based on Q-Tip’s time in A Tribe Called Quest and as a member of the Native Tongues collective.
While it may seem strange for Q-Tip to be working with DiCaprio, the two have been friends for years so the partnership was organic. DiCaprio and Hill became fast friends on the set of their new hit film “The Wolf of Wall Street.” Hill, DiCaprio, and Q-Tip will be pitching the show to networks as early as next week.
The show is said to center around the experiences of ATCQ, which Q-Tip started in 1985 with high school friends Phife Dawg, Ali Shaheed, and Jarobi, during the late eighties and early nineties. The series will explore the highs and lows of the characters’ friendships and how their positive Afrocentric lyrics helped change the culture.
Despite the show only being in the developmental stages, but we are hyped for this.
READ MORE HOT TELEVISION COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Black Actors Killing It On TV
1. Columbus ShortSource: 1 of 14
2. Malik YobaSource: 2 of 14
3. Kerry WashingtonSource: 3 of 14
4. Omar EppsSource: 4 of 14
5. Anthony Anderson And Tempestt BledsoeSource: 5 of 14
6. Danai GuriraSource: 6 of 14
7. Thandie NewtonSource: 7 of 14
8. Meagan GoodSource: 8 of 14
9. Laz AlonsoSource: 9 of 14
10. Mahershala AliSource: 10 of 14
11. Giancarlo EspositoSource: 11 of 14
12. CommonSource: 12 of 14
13. Eamonn WalkerSource: 13 of 14
14. Chad ColemanSource: 14 of 14
Leonardo DiCaprio & Jonah Hill To Produce Drama Series Based On Q-Tip’s Life was originally published on theurbandaily.com