Drake has spoken about Kendrick Lamar’s verse on Big Sean’s “Control.” Drake addressed the matter during an interview for CRWN with Elliott Wilson in New York University’s Skirball Center.
Drake, who said it was “all love” when he saw Lamar days later, also explained why he lost respect for “the sentiments” behind Kendrick Lamar’s verse on “Control.”
“He didn’t come in there on some wild, ‘I’m in New York, fuck everybody.’ I almost wish he had come in there on that shit because I kind of lost a little bit of respect for the sentiment of the verse,” Drake said. “If it’s really ‘fuck everybody’ then it needs to be ‘fuck everybody’. It can’t just be halfway.”
Drake also addressed the Kendrick Lamar verse in a recent interview with Billboard.
“I didn’t really have anything to say about it,” Drake said. “It just sounded like an ambitious thought to me…I know good and well that Kendrick’s not murdering me, at all, in any platform…When that day presents itself, I guess we can revisit the topic.”
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Sneaker Alert: Air Jordan V “Laney”
- New Music: J. Holiday – After We F*** [Explicit]
- Women’s Empowerment Conference: Musical Guest, Mateo covers Drake’s “We’re Going Home!”
- Top 5 Signs It’s Time To Call It Quits In A Relationship…
- Drake Questions Kendrick Lamar’s “Control” Verse…
- Justin Timberlake- ‘The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2′ [ALBUM STREAM]
- FLASHBACK MIX RECAP 9/23/2013
Drake Says He Lost Respect For Kendrick Lamar Because Of “Control” was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com