A$AP Ferg’s Trap Lord drops next Tuesday. It’s available to stream right now, though, and one of it’s standout tracks “Lord,” featuring Bone Thugs N Harmony, already has people talking. Crystal Caines, a female producer from Harlem who grew up around the corner from Ferg, is the production mastermind behind its spooky, smoky sonics.
Female producers in the game are a rarity. Last month, Toronto’s WondaGurl got her first major placement on Jay Z‘s Magna Carta Holy Grail with the beat she made for the song “Crown,” opening the door for a raft of other young, female up-and-coming producers—Crystal Caines included. Before Trap Lord officially drops on tuesday, we spoke with Crystal about working with Ferg, finding inspiration in Missy Elliott, and what we can expect from her in the future.
To read the interview visit complex.com
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Michael Jackson’s Ex Wife Makes Heart Wrenching Confession In Court
- Metro Improves Service Beginning Aug. 18, 2013
- More Assault Charges Against Terrance Howard!!!
- Church Just Aint What It Use To Be!!! Fight Breaks Outs Leaving Choir Member Stabbed…
- DRIVE AT 5 MIX RECAP 8/14/2013
- FLASHBACK MIX RECAP 8/14/2013