After more than a year of planning and community input, it’s time to go forward with Metro service improvements, beginning Aug. 18.
Metro’s comprehensive “go*Forward” transit plan includes:
· New Metro*Plus limited-stop service to test the concept of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) in the Montgomery Road corridor
· New east-west routes to reduce the focus on downtown transfers
· Service to new destinations including the new Mercy Health West Hospital
· More routes connecting at the Glenway Crossing transit center and park & ride
· More service options in some major travel corridors
· Improved efficiency and productivity
Beginning the week of Aug. 18, the first improvements go into effect, including:
Metro*Plus: New Metro*Plus limited-stop service – connecting the Montgomery Road corridor from Kenwood to Xavier with Uptown, downtown and The Banks – will begin operating on Monday, Aug. 19. Customers can ride the new Metro*Plus route FREE during the first week of service, Aug. 19-23.
Metro*Plus will provide frequent service every 15 minutes on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. and every half-hour until 10 p.m. Ten new, bright-blue, specially branded buses and bus stop signs will make it easy to identify this service. View the Metro*Plus route map and schedule online at http://www.go-metro.com/metro-plus.
To read additional information from this press release, please click here.