I guess when Mountain Dew teamed up with hip-hop group Odd Future they believed they could push the envelope. Well they have definitely pushed the envelope, too far this time. So many people have spoken out about this racist commercial, forcing PEPSICo to pull the add.
The actors are members of the music group Odd Future in an unusual video series created by the alternative hip-hop ensemble’s co-founder, Tyler, The Creator. In a spot that drew a flurry of criticism this week, the goat Felicia—in a male voice—taunts the battered woman with phrases like “snitches get stitches, fool,” “keep your mouth shut” and “I’m going to get out of here and do you up.”
Dr. Boyce Watkins, called it “arguably the most racist commercial in history.”
PEPSICo has responded, apologized, and removed the video. But we got our hands on it. Check it out below.
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Floyd Mayweather Speaks On What It Was Like Being Locked Up And More [ Video ]
- I Bet She Is Next Up [ Video ]
- Morgan Freeman Recites Lyrics To Ray J’s “I Hit It First’ [VIDEO] WARNING ADULT CONTENT!
- Georgia High School Hosts First-Ever Integrated Prom [VIDEO]
- Jason Collins Ex-Fiance Carolyn Moos Had No Idea He Was Gay
- Was Rihanna Caught Kissing Some Dude In The Club?
- NEW VIDEO: Sean Kingston ft. Chris Brown x Wiz Khalifa – “Beat It”