Last week, it was all but confirmed that Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams would join Beyonce on stage during the 2013 Superbowl Halftime show for the first Destiny’s Child reunion performance in 7 years.
But while mixed reactions of shade from critics and excitement from die-hard DC fans are both still making rounds, Destiny’s Child group member Michelle Williams says don’t believe any of the hype.
via E! News
Suddenly, the Super Bowl isn’t looking so bootylicious.
On the heels of Beyoncé’s sneak peek Instagrams promoting her much-hyped halftime performance, fellow Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams is shooting down rumors of a possible reunion during the show, saying the unconfirmed reports are “not true.”
“I’m going to be in the musical Fela!” she recently told WRUG Media in an interview. “I hate to disappoint the people and tell them that it’s not true.”
Tabloid reports surfaced last week claiming Michelle and Kelly Rowland would join Beyoncé on stage at the New Orleans’ Superdome Feb. 3 to perform a medley of their greatest hits, but Williams insists that’s just not the case.
“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” Williams said. “But we did record a song with each other before the holidays.”
Welp, so much for that. Will you still tune in to the show now that the Superbowl Halftime will be all Bey everything?
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Wild Out Wednesday: You never get tired of these videos! Questions/Ratchet
- LadiesThis is Why You Should Not Strip
- Kirko Bangz Fights A Random Guy In The Club On Hd Camera [ Video]
- New Music: Olivia Featuring French Montana & Rakim-I Do
- Ciara And Ti Double Date With Ti & Tiny
- 10 HILARIOUS Obama Quotes!!!
- Kendrick Lamar-Backseat Freestyle [Official Video]