It is still so hard to believe that our beloved King of Pop is no longer with us or blessing us with more incredible music for years to come. That is why the world will continue to honor, remember and celebrate the one and only Michael Jackson every chance we get.
This week, a few coveted details surrounding the star-studded affair and tribute concert for Michael Jackson have been announced and there’s a great deal worth mentioning. Set for an October 2011 production in Wales, “Forever: The Tribute Concert” will include rare performances from the likes of Smokey Robinson, Cee-Lo Green and Christina Aguilera.
Pictured, from left: Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green & Smokey Robinson. (Photo: Getty Images)
According to further entertainment news on the big show, the following acts have also officially signed on to pay homage to Michael Jackson:
- Leona Lewis
- Alien Ant Farm
- Craig David
- Kanye West
- Bruno Mars
- Justin Beiber
So how do we all get tickets? The lottery style extravaganza with an estimated 75,000 tickets available will be released to fans, celebrities and the general public very soon. For those who don’t think they’ll get that lucky, the tribute show will also be broadcast on TV and online. Check out more updates below.
ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIVES ON MICHAEL JACKSON:
- Michael 100.3 – A Weekend Musical Celebration featuring the King of Pop
- Teddy Riley Recalls Working with Michael Jackson
- Remembering the King of Pop: Michael Jackson Flash Mob Tribute
- MJ Tribute: Yes, I Remember The Time
- Jammin’ Oldies with Michael Jackson – “Bad” (1987)
Who else would you have chosen to join the tribute lineup? Has any one of your favorite artists been overlooked or omitted from the show? Help us decide by posting a comment on the message board about it.
- SESAME STREET ANNOUNCES BERT & ERNIE ARE NOT GAY
- LIL WAYNE F/ DRAKE, “SHE WILL” [NEW MUSIC]
- QUESTIONS ABOUT UC TASING STILL REMAIN
- ACE HOOD HUSTLES ON THE MORNING SHOW
- DRAKE & SERENA WILLIAMS SPOTTED TOGETHER AGAIN [PHOTOS]
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board. Using your Twitter or Facebook profile, simply log in and leave us a comment.