With updates on the week’s most shocking and most discussed local news story still unfolding, many of the city’s residents and public officials are beginning to speak out more and more about the tragic incident that left 18-year-old North College Hill High School graduate Everett Howard dead just weeks before he moved onto college.
Everett Howard pictured with his mother, Travonna Howard.
If you’re out of the loop, let’s catch you up to speed. Everett Howard, an honors student and member of the 2011 Upward Bound six-week summer enrichment program on the University of Cincinnati’s campus, attended an event where a fight broke out last weekend. Officers called to the scene showed up ready to tackle the apparent disruption. Howard was unfortunately subdued and a Taser was used on him at the scene leaving his lifeless body behind in the crowd of students. The exact cause of his death remains under investigation as we speak.
This week, however, the magnitude of the incident set off a whirlwind of dialogue and speculation as to the following key details:
- Why was Howard tased when he reportedly was responsible for the altercation coming to an end?
- Should the campus police officers been allowed to use the taser in the first place?
Today, there’s more conversation developing as to the motive, the resulting punishment and the notion that something much deeper is happening right before our eyes. So far, there is a very interesting lack of information circulating. Why do you think that is?
Check out the latest reports via the links below to form your own opinion.
Share your thoughts with us on the latest news and reports surrounding this unfortunate situation. Log in below with your Twitter or Facebook profile to leave us a comment. We want to hear from you and know what’s on your mind.
- JENNIFER HUDSON HAS INTENSE TWITTER BEEF!
- DISCOUNT DEAL: AFRICAN SAFARI WILDLIFE PARK – 75% OFF
- BEWARE OF FACEBOOK PRIVACY SETTINGS
- DRUNKEN PASSENGER URINATES ON CHILD ABOARD JET BLUE FLIGHT
- 50 CENT & GOLDIE HAWN LUNCH DATE