NEW YORK — In what would be a stepping stone in his career, rapper Andre 3000 may play famed guitarist Jimi Hendrix in a upcoming independent biopic.
The news was divulged from actress Hayley Atwell who told Esquire magazine that she will possibly be working on the project along the Outkast member.
Previous attempts to bring a Jimi Hendrix story to life have been made by Laurence Fishburne and Lenny Kravitz. Both were unsuccessful.
The NY Daily News Reports:
In an interview with the Daily News seven years ago, the OutKast rapper said he was excited about portraying the two sides of Hendrix’s persona onscreen, though no project ever materialized.
Do you think this is a good look for the Hip Hop icon from the south? Share your thoughts with us below on the message board. Log in using your Twitter or Facebook profile to comment.
- TLC’S “T-BOZ” URGES AFRICAN-AMERICANS TO DONATE BONE MARROW
- COMMON FT. NAS – “GHETTO DREAMS” [NEW MUSIC]
- CHARLIE WILSON PERFORMS LIVE AT BALTIMORE’S STONE SOUL STAGE
- WAKA FLOCKA QUITTING RAP AFTER THIS YEAR?!
- LORETTA DEVINE HELPS BREAK THE SILENCE ON HIV