Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins, former member of famed R&B group TLC, published an article on The Root, encouraging more African-Americans to donate bone marrows for patients suffering with sickle-cell disease.
The singer battled with the disease since the 1990s, and while she has managed to treat it, she urges others to play a role in saving lives who suffer from more severe cases and are not as fortunate as her.
An Excerpt Reads:
While huge strides have been made, including 400,000 new potential donors being recruited this year, not all Americans can find marrow donors. This is especially true for African Americans, who make up only 7 percent of current registry members, and other racially and ethnically diverse patients.
- CHARLIE WILSON PERFORMS LIVE AT BALTIMORE’S STONE SOUL STAGE
- LORETTA DEVINE HELPS BREAK THE SILENCE ON HIV
- MILEY CYRUS CHIMES IN ON CASEY ANTHONY VERDICT
- NICKI MINAJ DEDICATES “WE MISS YOU” TO FALLEN LOVED ONE [NEW MUSIC]
- LLOYD TO MIGUEL “I’M NOT ONE FOR TALKING, I’LL SEE HIM WHEN I SEE HIM”
Dj Khaled x Chris Brown x August Alsina x Future x Jeremih - Hold You Down [New Music]
Erykah Badu Shows Her Kitty ! (ADULT CONTENT EXPLICT Video)
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Submit Your Music to be Featured on 513 Heat
Listen The WIZ On Your Amazon Echo
Download The New 101.1 WIZ Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Cincinnati: Bengals Come UP Short Against The Baltimore Ravens
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!