MIAMI-Willie Lee Bell Jr., also known as “Will Da Real One,” a well known Miami poet who had appeared on “Def Poetry Jam,” was shot and killed outside the Literary Café and Poetry Lounge he owned and operated. The New York Daily News reports:
The killing shocked members of the spoken-word community, who said Bell was an advocate for abused woman and promoted a “drama-free” policy at the lounge, which he opened in 2003.
Bell appeared for two seasons on HBO’s “Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry.” He won poetry slams across the country and was featured on albums by Miami rappers Rick Ross and Pitbull.
- NICK CANNON SAYS MARIAH WAS HIS “CELEBRITY CRUSH”
- NAOMI CAMPBELL SUES CADBURY OVER “RACIST” CHOCOLATE ADS
- CONSEQUENCE PAYS TRIBUTE TO GIL SCOTT-HERON ON “MY WAY HOME”
- “A SPECIAL MEMORIAL DAY MESSAGE FROM 101.1 THE WIZ”
- [SPRINGFEST 2011 GETS HEATED IN MIAMI]