Talk about one heck of a fan base. Lupe Fiasco’s often-delayed, crititically panned new album is going big dogg status on the charts.
Billboard is reporting that the disc will hit # 1 on its Top 200 chart with sales anywhere from 190,000 to 240,000. The numbers are amazing considering the album doesn’t feature a big hit and the troubles Lupe endured trying to get the record on shelves.
Prior to this album, Lupe’s highest selling debut was 143,000 with “The Cool” which took the number 15 spot in 2007. His highest previous spot on Bllboard was number 8 with “Food and Liquor” in 2006.
Have you heard any of the new album? If not, get a sneak peek with our resident music review series “The Rundown with Aryez.” Keyword search above “The Rundown” or click on the link below to find out what it’s all about. Each new music review contains exclusives you can’t get anywhere else.
- GIRLS WHO DENOUNCED LIL WAYNE SAY “WE WERE MAD”
- NEW MUSIC FROM A FORMER BASEBALL PLAYER IS A HOME RUN
- AMERICA SAYS GOODBYE TO ASHTON JONES
- DIRTY MONEY’S KALENNA DISCUSSES MARKETING A “DARK-SKINNED” ARTIST
- DIDDY TOPS FORBES’ NEW ‘HIP-HOP’S WEALTHIEST ARTISTS’ LIST