Being healthy and incorporating a daily routine of exercise and eating healthy is important. Stroke is the third-leading killer in the U.S. after cancer and heart disease.
Dr. Mitchell Elkind recently spoke with New York Daily News and shared 5 tips for healthy vascular living. Check them out!
1. Regular exercise: at least 30 minutes three or more times per week.
2. Avoid excess salt, especially if you have high blood pressure.
3. Eat lots of fruit, vegetables, and fish; eat red meat no more than once per week.
4. Alcoholic beverages in moderation: up to one daily for woman and two daily for men.
5. Visit your doctor at least once a year to have blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar checked.
To get more information, go to the National Stroke Association: www.stroke.org
Follow me on Twitter- @elev8_Kelly
What We should Know About Serena Williams and Pulmonary Embolism
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Lil Harold Breaks Down Influence On ‘After The Curse’ Mixtape, Calls Joseline His Favorite Dancer
Listen The WIZ On Your Amazon Echo
Win Free Tickets to See Post Malone & $250!
Cincinnati: A 17 Year Old Hit By A Car Outside Clark Montessori High School